Sunday, February 27, 2011

The End of the Tough First Two Weeks - Recap

Going into these first two weeks, I thought I knew what to expect.  Having been on this journey before, to certain extents, I knew some of the hurdles I would face: caffeine withdrawal, hunger, headaches, hunger, slippages in resolve, hunger, and... did I mention hunger?

Did I experience those?

Of course... more so this time around if anything.

But perhaps the toughest thing I've faced these last 14 days has been throwing out my back and the subsequent spasms for the last three days.  This situation has a tendency to put be flat on my back... and generates great amounts of boredom.

And we know what boredom causes... more desires for munchies.

So it's been a tough couple of days.  I've slipped a bit, but haven't had too much of a negative impact on my weight loss effort.  After two weeks of somewhat successful healthy eating I'm down 8.5 pounds.

Not too bad... not too bad at all.

So where do we go from here?  Well, for starters I'm going to keep eating the reduced calories... it seems to be working.  I want to get going on the exercise routine, but that may be on hold for a bit due to my back issues... but get there I will.

Despite my hurdles over the "Tough First Two Weeks" I'm as (if not more) inspired as I was at the beginning of my journey. I'm feeling good about the initial changes I've made and am looking forward to the next steps as I try to get my sorry butt into a shape other than round.

Stay strong on your own personal journeys, my friends.


3 comments:

  1. Keep it up! you're doing better than I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 8.5lb loss :) I found your page by clicking the next button and I am so glad I did :)
    I am trying to get healthy by walking and my blog is all about that. Come and check it out if you would like.
    You defiantly have a new follower in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment 7ladybugs! Good luck on your journey... I'll definitely check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete