Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Tough First Two Weeks: Day 12

Almost two weeks into my dietary and fitness journey and I've had my first real slippage in resolve.  was doing really well this morning... had my normal cereal with milk, yogurt, and a banana.  And then, out of nowhere, tragedy struck in the form of an evil that is almost impossible to avoid and ignore...

An invitation to eat Chinese for lunch.

I wanted to be good... I really did.  But all my co-workers were going and it just sounded too good to pass up.  So I did the evil and had some yummy Hot and Sour Soup, Pork Fried Rice, Chicken in Hot Sauce, and Chicken Wings.  And yes... I ate the whole meal, resulting in a pretty big spike in my calories for the day (see below).



Am I worried or upset that I strayed? No, not really... providing that I am back to my normal lower calorie intake tomorrow.  It isn't a bad thing to splurge a bit every once and a while, providing that it is infrequent. If I'm able to keep tomorrow's intake to around 1500 or less, my average intake for the week will still be reasonable.

That's all for tonight folks.  Stay strong on your journeys... and if you do stray, remember a reasonable amount of naughtiness is not a huge deal: just jump back on the path and keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment