Friday, February 18, 2011

Planning The Attack: The Workout Regime

It's been about six months since I last worked out.  At the time that I quit, I was dealing with work stress, too much school work, and the beginning of the dark season (ahhh... the joys of late fall and winter in New England)... and then the straw broke the camel's back when I threw my back out again.  Even when things calmed back down and my back was back to normal, I for some reason didn't jump right back in (I blame laziness).

So back to working out.  Before I quit, I had a pretty good routine going:
  • Mondays - Aerobic for an hour (typically between 6 to 8 miles on the elliptical stair-stepper); plus back extension reps; plus sit-ups
  • Tuesdays - Weight Training: Chest (Flat, incline, decline); Triceps; and Lats
  • Wednesday - Aerobic for an hour (typically between 6 to 8 miles on the elliptical stair-stepper); plus back extension reps; plus sit-ups
  • Thursday - Weight Training: Back; Biceps; and Shoulder
  • Friday - Aerobic for an hour (typically between 6 to 8 miles on the elliptical stair-stepper); plus back extension reps; plus sit-ups
Given that I'm only 6 months out of my workout routine, I'm going to try to slide into a similar routine, but at lower intensities and levels... so I don't get hurt prematurely.

What routines do you use to keep in shape or on your own fitness journey?

1 comment:

  1. I really need to start putting some exercise into my day.. that's my plan for next week!

    ReplyDelete