Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Tough First Two Weeks: Day 5

One of the things that always ruins me when it comes to eating right is boredom. I have the tendency to overeat and eat the wrong things when I'm bored, depressed, or just needing comfort.    And nothing screams boredom, depression, and comfort seeking than being sick.

Spent the day at home today with day two of the <queue the big music> "STOMACH BUG FROM HELL!!!!". In spite of being sick and bored out of my gourd, I didn't stray too badly overall.  The real killer for me today in the calorie department was the copious use of ginger ale and 7-up to settle my little tummy ache.  Without that, my total calorie intake would have been right on target... but with it I exceeded my goal of 1400 to 1600 calories by about 400.  <SIGH> Oh well, at least my fat calorie intake was pretty good overall.

Feeling pretty good now, with only a little bit of a tummy twinge left, so I'll be back to work tomorrow... and back on the ever-watchful diet journey.

See you all on the flip side.  And until then: Stay Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment