Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Round Up: Prelude to Sweet Sweet Sweat

Hello my friends!  It's been a couple days since I've been around, so let me catch y'all up on where I am.

I ended up heading to the doctor's office back on Monday (Feb 28th) to get my back checked out.  As I've mentioned before, I've had on-again-off-again issues with my back being thrown out several times a year for the last 15 years (ever since I messed it up in the Navy helping one of my 'mates carry a 300+ pound deck chipper down an almost vertical ladder).  So they took x-rays (which I've yet to hear back about), prescribed me pain pills and muscle relaxers (wow... let's treat the symptoms and not the cause, eh?), and set me up with an appointment for physical therapy (which I have to attend twice a week for the next four weeks).

Despite that fun and festivities, I've done ok in the eating realm... not great... but just ok.  Kind of middle of the road, but nothing major in either the good or bad realm.  I've been taking it kind of easy, giving my back some time to recover, but that also means that boredom also took its toll.

As of right now, my back feels pretty good.  So you know what that means...

I'm kicking off my workout regime this coming week to drop even more weight.  I'm actually looking forward to this quite a bit... it's been a while for me (a little over 6 months).  Gonna have to balance this with my PT for the next 4 weeks...

Well folks, this is it for the night. Hope you are enjoying your own journeys... stay strong and stay on the path.

2 comments:

  1. Just take it easy on your workouts! I am talking from experience of having a "minor' back injury that paralyzed me and then having to have surgery to fix the problem.
    Please take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't backs a bitch? I'm suffering with a pinched or compressed disk at the base of my spine and it really does make me feel miserable sometimes. I hope yours feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete